Wednesday, November 27, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM A VERY GRATEFUL CAT!!!


How-Dee! Skunk the Cat here to personally wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

We all celebrate in our own ways. Personally, I haven't seen my family in quite some time. In fact the last time I saw my mother she said, "The well is dry, son. Time to move on." But I'm still so lucky that I found awesome friends, furry and non-furry to spend my life with. Even Alanna gave me some extra pets last night and said, or at least I thought she said, "Sure- you can go outside for a little while." But I may have been mistaken because as soon as I strolled to the door with her, and then crouched down low like a- yeah you got it- a hidden tiger, I heard, "whoa whoa whoa, HI YA, where ya goin'?!?!"

Oops- my mistake. But you could see how "Happy Thanksgiving, Buddy" could sound like "Go outside and be free."

Any hoo- my point is that we all celebrate in our own way and whether we go old school traditional or modern day free wheelin', we all need to remember what the day is really about. That every one of us is here today because of awesome things that happen all around us all year to keep us going. They way I see it- I got a really private, warm and toasty bed that keeps me safe while I dream of tall mountains and slow birds who fly low to the ground. I always have plenty of food in my bowl. I even have enough that I can send some back to be shared with other cats who need to live outdoors. I'm a pretty healthy dude but I do get the wheezes from time to time. It never fails though, man. My meds are always there for me when I need them. And I know I give Alanna a hard time- and she gives it right back- but here at Feline Friends, us cats talk. And we all know Alanna and all the other volunteers who come by everyday, work their butts off for us. And we have a pretty awesome life because of it.

So what are you thankful for???

Four Paws in Peace

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Skunk & all your loving caretakers!

    ReplyDelete